1. List some of the characteristics of human languages, and explain how humans l
1. List some of the characteristics of human languages, and explain how humans learn language.
2. Summarize the meanings of phonology, morphology, syntax, and semantics.
3. Illustrate the relationship between language and culture.
4. Explain the ways in which language is related to social structure, and give examples.
5. Summarize the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis, and debate the relationship between language and thought.
6. List several forms of nonverbal communication.
7. Compare different ways in which language changes, and discuss the implications of globalization for language change.