Write a report of 2,000 words, in which you apply recognised problem-solving too
Write a report of 2,000 words, in which you apply recognised problem-solving tools and techniques to
identify and propose solutions to a work-based problem, to include an evaluation of possible solutions.
Discuss and agree with your lecturer a suitable problem to be solved which may be drawn from your
current or past work experiences or an agreed situation.
Consider the following aspects:
• define a complex problem in the workplace including its scope and impact;
• analyse information on the identified problem, to help inform the decision-making process;
• propose a range of alternative solutions to the problem;
• use a decision-making technique to evaluate a range of solutions to identify the most
• develop a plan for implementing the solution;
• communicate the plan to stakeholders;
• assess appropriate monitoring and review techniques to ensure successful
implementation of the solution.